Saturday, March 18, 2006

No Closure

This week was rather "blah," if that's even a word. I felt numb. We received the electronic file of the baby's portrait and the final drawing is on the way. I love the portrait and think Dana did an amazing job. I just thought I would feel more closure. I have really been looking forward to having something to show people because the photos are too disturbing. I showed it to my daughter and she was thoughtful. I think she's trying to figure out who the baby looks like. I showed my boss, even though she didn't want to look. I asked if she wanted to see and she just got this really sad look on her face and was all choked up. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I was so excited and she was the first person I saw when I came in. We talked a little about the whole experience. She doesn't really remember what happened after my husband called her. She said she was trying to rearrange the words in her head to give them different meaning. I hate that my experience has hurt others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home