Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Stranger Comforts

I went to the cemetery after a day of difficult job interviews. I just felt I needed the peace of the cemetery and to talk to my little girl. For the first time ever, I wasn't alone. There were two women working on their mother's grave. They had planted flowers and cleaned up weeds. We ended up talking and they cried with me and for me. That may have been the first time I've been hugged by a complete stranger. It was so comforting. They mentioned how hard it was to be there around Mother's day and advised me not to go to the cemetery on the actual holiday. They said they will visit Cami's grave when they visit their mom. They talked about how wonderful it was that the grounds were covered with wild forget-me-nots, their mother's favorite flower. I felt a momentary sense of peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home