Friday, July 14, 2006

Glass Half Empty

I think when most pregnant women reach the 20 week mark they heave a sigh of relief. At this point you should be pretty secure in not having a loss. I don't feel that way because i know otherwise. I think I wasn't really stressed about this pregnancy before because up until now, if I experienced a loss it would be a miscarriage. That can't possibly be as bad as losing a baby near term, right? Now I've passed the miscarriage mark and if I lost the baby it would be another stillbirth. Now the fear is starting to creep in. I can feel the baby kick a lot, but not all the time. There was no indication the baby had died last time, so if it happened again, I probably wouldn't know. I will have to figure out a way to deal with my fears now or I will go nuts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can start by leaning on your friends. While we can't completely understand, we can be here for you when you get stressed out. Keep reassuring yourself that you are taking a ton of meds to keep what happened to Cami from happening to Cactus. You WILL have a take home baby this time!!!!!!!

Hugs!
Stacey

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Zinnia said...

i'm so sorry this is isn't easy. after i lost Mia and going through my 2 subsequent m/c i was gripped with fear that i would NEVER bring my baby home. it was such a difficult pregnancy emotionally as well as physically. i envied other pregnant women that got to enjoy their pregnancy.

i hope you find some peace...i know it's hard...so i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you do find it.

8:32 PM  
Blogger injenuity said...

Thank you both for your sweet comments! I know both of you have had challenging pregnancies after loss.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home