Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Collide

I sense my worlds are about to collide and I am not certain how I feel about that. I have been participating in and moderating Internet discussion groups for 15 years. I have been able to keep my social, professional and family lives separate, but now I think it is taking too much effort.
What I need is an application where I can post everything I would post to different discussion boards, blog, Twitter, etc. and then have the other people/applications pull out what they need, based on my permissions. For example, I may want to brain dump about my family, work, neighbors, etc. all at once, but I don't want them all to see. So I can allow certain people to access certain pieces.
My other thought is that it is possible that I am just a social chameleon and I need to smarten up and just be myself in all scenarios. I need to not hide anything from anyone. I shouldn't be concerned about professional colleagues discovering I'm a real person with a family, hobbies, and faults. I shouldn't worry about my religious parents knowing I don't believe the same thing they do. I should relax about my friends being bored by what I do for a living. Most of all, I think I need to make sure I don't criticise or be spiteful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home