Sunday, May 27, 2007

Education

I've been searching for a PhD. program that would hold my attention for longer than a few months. I tend to shift my focus frequently, and that is why I am not sure I could even manage a doc program. With the rapid change in technology, how can anyone study in one concentrated area for 4-6 years? I just don't see it as feasible. I am interested in changing the way we educate in the US.
I do not understand why educators don't recognize that students' brains are completely different now than they were even five years ago. Technology is not just a tool to use in the classroom to present content. If someone doesn't change the system, we are going to end up with an awful lot of troubled, unsatisfied, lost adults in less than a decade. Young people now have all the same knowledge and information as adults in previous generations. They just don't have the ability to reason and judge based on the knowledge. Reasoning and critical thinking should be the foundation of our educational system.
Where can I find a PhD program that will accommodate my beliefs?

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy2miracles said...

i'm also looking for a doctoral program that will be worth all the time, effort and money put into it. not sure what you're looking for exactly but i've heard many good things from this online program. maybe they have something you like. http://www.mind-streams.com/degrees.php?pid=2

7:32 PM  
Blogger injenuity said...

Hmmm. That looks like a company that just lists programs from many schools and helps you get set up. I think I would rather contact the schools directly. Thanks for the link though! For a doc program, I would really want to get to know the faculty sponsor to make sure we're on the same page.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get the government to drop no child left behind -- get the focus off testing and this will happen! Teachers realize what you said but governments don't....and now that we are paid based on test score improvement or can be fired if test scores don't improve a certain percentage teachers are no longer free to teach critical thinking - they are teaching test prep.

Stacey

4:47 AM  
Blogger injenuity said...

You mean "No Rich Child Left Behind?"

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home